It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: LAN 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:49 pm 

I haven't been looking at the recent post but i just did a epic catch up

now i have looked and looked but i cannot find any info on the next lan apart from the fact that it is on the 20th to 22nd FEB and u have a seating plan going.

Things i would like to know?

1. Location
2. Stuff available (ie Internet etc etc)
3. Times
4. What cups and prizes are there
5. Details of the cups (rules etc etc)
5. how many people are attending total
6. contact info (xfire,msn,steam)
7. venue stuff like is there a kitchen and showers?

Just a suggestion maybe a locked news post about all this, i have mates who are also wanting to come and very interested in this aswell.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: LAN 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:54 pm 

Yea, this will be useful thanks :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:55 am 

No problem at all been going over these via MSN. But i'll put on here as well :)

20th - 22nd February 2009

1. Withington Manchester - literally 2mins walk from shops, pubs, takeaways, supermarkets, banks and major bus route

2. Stuff available will be possibly internet but not sure how long for or what speed. Projector setup with sound system for consoles and videos. File server and 100mb lan connection

3. Times wise nearer when the lan happens dates wise there will be a rough timetable to give an idea of when things will be happening. But will be laid back and not strict

4. Prizes from the sponsors are coming in but these remain secret and a suprise. They will be on display for all to see on arrival to pick what they fancy winning :)

5. Numbers wise will end up fully booked or certainly close

6. Contacting me via MSN: ddaz156@excite.co.uk and the 2 d's is not a mistake. Xfire: daz156 Yahoo: dave252007 Skype: daz156 Email: daz156@googlemail.com contact me anytime to ask about anything :) or simply post

7. What the venue itself has to offer is 2 sleep rooms, lan room, kitchen with sink, cooker, kettle, microwave, cups, plates and cutlary. 2 sets of toilets with sinks but sadly no showers. I do have access to 2 other venues which are bigger and offer much more. But these will be used for bigger lan. At the back of venue is a small field in case anyone fancies a kick about or if weather good maybe a BBQ :)

8. Cost is £20 advance, £25 on the door or group booking prices available :) all prices are for full weekend of lannage Friday - Sunday :)

9. Games is kept as a mixture some old some new so that all can play, run and have fun :) UT04, Quake 3 Arena, COD2, COD4, COD5, CSS, Flatout, Track Mania Nations, Crashday, Audiosurf. Rules kept simple usually most kills, last man standing, most laps and team on team :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:12 am 

Can I make a pretty obvious observation, that if the number of people attending exceeds the capacity of that the location will be altered to the bigger venue.

If so then I assume it will be the other place that Daz told me about, that has more facilities, right Daz?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:12 am 

Correct yes about what backbydemand says there but of course this depends if the bigger venues I have access to are actually available or not for being booked. Yes does have more facilities too.

The way things looking we should be ok still more to book so will be fully booked or close to fully booked.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:32 am 

will there be a cs 1.6 competition at all?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:16 am 

Maybe yes am sure could be arranged if there is a free time slot at Apache Lan 3. Are you coming to the LAN yourself in one of the groups? As your name doesn't ring a bell and the LAN is fully booked and if your not in one of the groups and would like to come then you could be added to the reserves list in case of any cancellations if you like?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:50 am 

I think what he's trying to say is if your not coming you don't have a say in what is played. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:42 pm 

ah, fair enough. well i just found this lan advertised on clanbase for cs and thought about coming down with my clan since 5 of us are from manchester and i've just recently moved here for uni, and the only lan i know about is gamerbase. doesnt matter if its full though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:53 pm 

The 5 of you can be put down on the reserves list if you like in case of any cancellations? The 5 of you will need to register on the website for are records and logs. Then i'll be happy to put you all on the reserves list. Also a mobile number maybe handy being pmed to me in case any last minute cancellations on the weekend.

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next