Post subject: Re: Lan 4 Games Results
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:52 am 

muahaha :?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:24 pm 

WTF?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:46 pm 

daz has a lot of love to give?!? but not that kind of love?!?

dont worry only teasing.

i just find it confusing you say its a team game you play as a team, which is fine, random teams are best as you get a good mix and hopefully some noobies might actually win something. but you cant say its going to be played as a team THEN say theres only going to be one winner.... i personally like the idea of a last man standing deathmatch in the relevant games, to find the best of the best so to speak, but this is again on the fair side.

so the only solution is, have a prize for every winner on the winning team, or dont play team games or mod them to play deathmatch, fairly easy for cod4/tf2 but css will require pre-configuration.

oh and btw i may be running a css turbo gungame deathmatch knife pro server, just because i love it and whether or not a tourney on it will be held, i will get to feel like i pwn at something :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:06 pm 

Actually CSS is incredibly easy to work individual winners in Tourneys, using ALM software

The "boil-off" setting allows teams and eliminates people round by round till eventually one person is the winner. This software is used by big LANs to automate Tourneys and isn't biased. Best of all, it's free.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:12 pm 

backbydemand wrote:
Actually CSS is incredibly easy to work individual winners in Tourneys, using ALM software

The "boil-off" setting allows teams and eliminates people round by round till eventually one person is the winner. This software is used by big LANs to automate Tourneys and isn't biased. Best of all, it's free.

ive seen tourneys run where the two least scoring members (one from either side) gets eliminated, but then it turns into a sudo deathmatch de/whatever tourney.

from what i remember, and it worked well, phoenix lans had a tourney, the winning team (with me on it) won £10 off the next lan party. I never claimed it, but it was good because everyone got one. i just think if theres one team and one prize, there may be some bitter people. im just saying, come up with a solution that everyones happy with, that way we dont have hissy fits over not being able to play in a tourney as a team and we nubs dont get pwnt.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:40 pm 

backbydemand wrote:

does this boil off come with css or is it a d'l mod, and if the later where can i find it ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:19 pm 

Learn to read :shock: it is using the ALM software.

I have already sent a link to Daz

Page 3 of 3 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3