Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Pack

CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Pack

Post by CyberDrac »

After the outstanding succcess of the group buy for Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2 in the run up to the last event, would anyone be interested in the 4 pack of Battlefield Bad Company 2, it's basically 4 copies for the price of 3 ... http://store.steampowered.com/app/24960/ ... for £89.97 equating to £22.49 each instead of £29.99?

I know that without the dedicated server support being publicly available it won't be a LAN game, but it is a chance for the community to help each other out again.

So, any takers?

1. CyberDrac
YaZoR
Herdshire
Herdshire

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Pack

Post by YaZoR »

Hmmmmmm, I would, but........

I'm a try before you buy gamer, and they have NOT released a demo. The beta doesn't count because you had to pre-purchase the game to get a code for the beta, so that is just a con to get people to lay their money out early.

Plus the fact that there is no dedicated server support for the community, I feel that both the community will suffer (like CoD4:MW2), and the game will become stale much quicker than it's predecessors. I refuse to fund the companies that are trying to push PC gaming this way (EA are twats at this).

Sorry CyberDrac, I really would love to play this game but EA/DiCE are just forcing me not to purchase this game. :(
meh
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Squad Pack

Post by CyberDrac »

I played the Beta for about three weeks ... and didn't pay a penny ... they made public beta keys available through a number of sources including Multiplay where myself and about 4,999 other people got the chance to play. Sorry you missed out on the chance but you definitely didn't have to pre-purchase.

There are dedicated servers, with support for significant number of players and full mod support, you can rent one just like you can with TF2 or L4D, and you have as much control over that as any other game server, you just can't have the files unless you're a GSP. You'll probably find that this restriction will ease once the day one piracy issues playing on hacked server files has passed and they feel that they've made their money ... a bit like the copy protection on many games, it's there for the first few months and then gets removed in a patch once the bulk of the sales have been made. There is a world of difference between the server support for BFBC2 and CoDMW2.

Personally I liked it, it was as buggy as most betas are and they are still ironing some of the bugs now, but they were server browser and connectivity issues rather than in-game problems, the gameplay is classic BF2 and it's a beautiful game. PC Zone gushed praise upon it's single and multi player and suggested that in both regards it's superior to CoDMW2 .... but then gave it a lower score ... go figure.