Hope to see you soon :)

New to the forums, or just want to get to know people. Start a topic in here!
Doglin
Cria
Cria

Hope to see you soon :)

Post by Doglin »

Hi fellow Llamas

The names Rob (aka Doglin) I've just paid and picked my seat for this year’s llamalan :) and since I’m new I thought a little introduction/background knowledge would help anyone get to know me better.
I've been gaming since I was 10 when my dad first brought home his work laptop and it had some sort of really poor flight simulator but we all have to start somewhere and that game jump-started my gaming life. At the age of 12 I got my first computer and on 3rd May 2005 my gaming career boosted forward with the release of a game called Pariah. Me and my dad together dominated the demo as a pair known as Noddy and Bigears XD
I can still remember our first games where we would rush for the car and annihilate any resistance that stood up to us. That lead onto us both buying a copy of the game and joining a clan known as RCG (Re-Creation Gamers) sadly they disbanded over a leadership communication issue and from the ashes rose DFG (Destination For Gamers) lead by me and my dad. After getting a new clan tag I felt I needed a new name and from that day on I was known as [DFG]-Doglin a name feared by most in Pariah. At the age of 13 I was running a clan, managing a website and regularly hosting matches and games off our dedicated server computer. We progressed through the ranks and rose above all in the game becoming the best and only ever lost 1 match to our great comrade [RH]. It felt good being part of the best of the best, but sadly that didn’t last forever as time went on server popularity dropped and soon it became a rare site to see a full game. Hope was boosted a little with the release of Pariah 2 formally known as Warpath and couple of the veterans went into the game with us. Sadly that died quite quickly with the lack of interest but we got many good scrims and yet again DFG came out on top this time with an unbeaten record of 0 losses and multiple wins.
From those games I have made many great friends and some I am still in contact with today however interest drifted and I myself have moved on. Around the age of 14/15 we started a new clan but this time more relaxed and laid back and we delved into the world of UT2k4. Every week we used to meet up on a Friday evening for some instagib on our server and play into the early hours of the morning. However due to the lack of members the flame slowly died and again I found myself wondering what game to play.
Now I fear I have wrote far too much for an introduction, whoops, so I will just end it with what I’m currently doing. Got into EVE Online with my dad and been playing that for a year owning 2 accounts each and involved in heavy factional warfare. I also play Battleforge (Card based strategy game), Counter Strike: Source, Warhammer Online, Left 4 Dead, bit of Half Life, some Tremulous (F2P alien vs. human fps) and regularly play in a COD4 clan. All of these games are great however none can top the tight community we had in Pariah as since it was small we all knew each other and thus when we fought it was very intense and determination to win was always 110%.
Well that’s my gaming life summed up so what about my real life? Don’t worry it will be short and sweet. Currently 16 but will be 17 when I arrive at the LAN and living down in the south east in a town called Tenterden, some of you may know it. Studying AS Math, AS Physics and Btec ICT Practioners at Homewood sixth form.

That’s me sorted I can’t wait to meet and get to know all of you attending this year.
See you in October XD
Doglin
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Re: Hope to see you soon :)

Post by Golem »

I too wrote an essay for my intro thread, so fear you not. It makes a change to see a full-on mega-intro on what the hell lead someone here. ;)

Sounds to me like you'd be a very handy person to have on board a team. Unfortunately you joined the Pirates, so you'll just have to prepare for a harsh beating from twenty nunchaku. I know OF Tenterden, and I have this weird feeling I've been there, but it seems unlikely.

Be careful if we end up chatting one late night of the LAN weekend, because we may be some time. I have a lot of interest in the subjects you're studying..!
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

Dammit, I wanted to do physics at A-level.

Welcome. :) Looking forward to saying hullo! :D
YaZoR
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by YaZoR »

Welcome.

Feel the wrath of the Green team. =D
meh
SneakyRusski
Weanling
Weanling

Post by SneakyRusski »

Did you used to attend Homewood?

I did :D! I left 2 years ago, but... still so many fond memories of that place. Wish i stayed on there tbh as the drama department there is awesome!

Glad to see another fairly local face, well closer to me than Chatham hehe.
Haste
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Haste »

I went with doglin to homewood, whats your name? hope i reonize you slightly lol
SneakyRusski
Weanling
Weanling

Post by SneakyRusski »

Adam Crick; urrr
was in H7? Ms De La Hayes form before she switched to a 6th form tutor. :)

You would've found me around the benches or the theatre, or in Business block; Long story short.

I miss homewood :P
Haste
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Haste »

ha no you dont, its changed alot recently and i dont think so much for the good.

Ha miss de la heye she was my year 7 graphics teacher.

I just left school and im going canterbury college, i read your thing and noticed your going there. You like it? im doing national deploma in Imedia

wich is designing maps models animations and things in 3ds for unreal engine
SneakyRusski
Weanling
Weanling

Post by SneakyRusski »

You'll find its very paper based too that course. :P trust me; but its also a very HQ course if you further it up :)

I love the atmos there, its alot better than south kent (i'm 18 - did 1 year there and then dropped due to the tutors being morons and rarely turning up. and worked for a year)

But I shall keep an eye out, who knows. If ya drop me your no. or w/e i can drive you lads about @ lunch :P