'N'

October 30th - November 1st 2009
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

'N'

Post by Golem »

WAY OF THE NINJA - 'N' Homepage
N is an award-winning 2D action/puzzle platformer reminiscent of Lode Runner: you're a tiny stick figure running around a puzzle-y world inhabited by enemies. But in N... the ninja is driven not only by a thirst for gold, but also by a sweet physics simulation.
The story is simple enough - you play N, a ninja, whose metabolism is so high he can perform incredible feats, but has a very limited lifespan, extended by collecting gold. This is a fun fun game. You have to make your way through each level before time runs out. Pretty much everything can kill you, and in awesome awesome ways, from mines, gun and missile turrets, big moving flattening blocks and laser beams. And when you complete some of the harder levels, you too will feel awesome. Not for the easily infuriated.

The physics really are special. :) It is possible to run through a hail of bullets and emerge alive, but it doesn't happen often!

I used to play this, not touched it in a while. But in that time I did make a vid of a level completion I was particularly proud of cos the level is dang hard, and wanted to show who it could be done. Though in N, you don't have to play the same way.

Have a look and get an idea of how it plays... :)

WAY OF THE NINJA - 'N' Homepage - It is free after all! And at LlamaLAN, I can show you a demo of how I completed a mega-tough level made by our very own sadist, AJCORR! Took me quite some time to figure it out but I knew it was possible. ;)