Big team battle?

October 30th - November 1st 2009
Haste
Weanling
Weanling

Big team battle?

Post by Haste »

I was looking mt the floor plan the other nightr and noticed that everyone is supporting big team battles

using common sensce im guessing that everybody on that team will fight another team colour

but exa ctly what games to you play? hopfully cod4 promod
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Re: Big team battle?

Post by Golem »

You assume correct. In fact, the big team games are a primary (but not the only) focus of the LlamaLAN events!

There are typically a few tournaments for the big teams, each of which we try to vary as much as possible. The team captains arrange their teams from those actually taking part to battle it out in each of these tournaments. The main aim of all this is FUN, rather than serious competitiveness.

As we've said in earlier updates, once the cutoff date arrives, it won't take much longer before we announce the games we can expect to play in official LAN tournies. We leave it till then so we have a good idea what you guys actually own, which you tell us using your Games Lists. But please note - while this list is very influential, we don't base EVERY decision on this list. I'm pretty sure anyone who has attended previous LlamaLAN events will know this. ;)
Haste
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Haste »

ok thnx for the info...

and i here ut2004 is big

and the problem is i dont have it....... is it true if u dl the demo then install the game stright off it will give ytou full without haveing to buy the game?

cause otherwise i dont have it?
SneakyRusski
Weanling
Weanling

Post by SneakyRusski »

Yea i'm also joining that band wagon of no UT2004; mind you. its only £8.99 on steam. Pretty sure i can splash that cash :lol:
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

In the past we've used UT2004 as the 16 player 1v1 DM tournament game. This is an example of a tournament that has previously relied on the overall Games List's (and hence all LlamaLAN attendee's) top ranked game. ;)
SneakyRusski
Weanling
Weanling

Post by SneakyRusski »

Someone has done their homework!

Top man, I bought UT3 when it was that cheap weekend >_>

so kinda was like a bargain..
yet to play it tho xD
Dezz
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Dezz »

It would be awesome to have some ut3 games.
I love COD4 and play a hour or so most nights , but i dont like promod.
Why buy an expensive pc and land up having the gfx look like CS , having to set up profiles before each game :-( , most of the common sense rules in promod can be done in server setup , punkbuster probably wont be on so there will be that irratating flashing warning and I am old and set in my ways :-) .. heheh
Beside which some racing games would be nice .. i am liking Grid at the moment
Left for Dead seemed popular at last lan but i didnt get a copy on time.
This time i will try make sure i got most the games on the most popular lists.

peace out and hope to see ya all there.
Ripper
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Ripper »

yea racing game would be good and we need someone doing announcements of matches this time. like cyberdrac did the first time i was there with a little more structure................... <------dotted line means important...............

oh yah and why am i a weanling wtf--------------->
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

-----------> post more often and you will see this change -------->

;)

You may not have seen the news posted on September 11, in particular the Tournament Timing details. It's mentioned there we intend to sort something out along the lines of managing tournaments better! Along the lines you're thinking too :)
Thumper
Cria
Cria

Post by Thumper »

Well why is there no Call of Duty 4 tournament as it seems to be one of mthe most played games by teams but there is nothing for the COD4 players as there opening for like a 3v3.
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Bascially, because we can't run tournies for every game at the top of the list. COD4 has had its turn, and maybe it'll have another in a future LAN. Just not this one!

However, there is something for COD4 players - other COD4 players. ;) As we've already said though, nothing to stop you playing it.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Thumper wrote:Well why is there no Call of Duty 4 tournament as it seems to be one of mthe most played games by teams but there is nothing for the COD4 players as there opening for like a 3v3.
The other thing you need to consider is that the games are decided based on those people who had paid at the time, at the time the decision was made CoD4 was something like 6th in the list, it's only recently with the late payers that it has moved up the list, one of the benefits of early payment is a chance to influence that choice, but a lot of those who wanted to play CoD4 only joined up recently. Next event if they sign up before the date the games are chosen on then they are more likely to get the tournament they want.

One of the things which people asked the LlamaLAN staff to commit to after previous events was announcing the games earlier, as such the choice had to be made earlier and had to be based on those who had confirmed their place at the LAN by paying for their seat.

Also, as Golem points out there will be plenty of time between the big organised games to get in a few matches, even when there wasn't a tournament I played several hours of CoD4 at the last event.