It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Apache Lan 10 Write-Up
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:54 pm 

Day 1 Friday :-
Arrived at the venue just after 2pm. Around 2pm also arriving to greatly help in the setup I would like to thank: Lee, Mark and James. With in an hour thanks to all the help from them all. The tables and chairs were in place along with the cabling. Around 30 minutes later PC's were being setup and powered on for testing the network. At this stage the network was confirmed to be working. Around 3pm Gamebeast arrived to be setup. Soon after this people started to arrive, getting themselves setup and settled. As the day went into the evening food and drink was had by all with a big order being made with Domino's. The cockpit simulator kindly provided by GT Omega Racing went down a storm with everyone having ago on it. So can't thank them enough for that. Gamebeast being here for the weekend the owner Moss I can't thank enough.

Day 2 Saturday :-
Breakfast being got in for most people from Greggs. Track Mania Nations was the first tournament on the timetable. After a few warm up rounds, the tournament itself takes place. Once everyone has joined the game. The winner in the end being Mark aka surtees2008. Sadly with him being a member of the admin team the closer second player turned into being the winner. This being James aka SarGara. This tournament kindly being hosted by Mark aka surtees2008. At this stage a long break takes place with being such a lovely day and us all having a BBQ. I would like to thank Mark aka surtees2008 for being the chef. Soon after the next tournament being Quake 3 Generations kicks in. This being the second tournament. Kindly hosted by Michael Baker Frost (heretic). After a few warm up rounds. The tournament itself then starting and the winner being Beau aka bloodreaper. Between tournaments with any breaks background music or films were put on the sound system and projector for all to see. This being done by Russell aka backbydemand. I would like to thank him for doing this and making this happen. The third tournament follows being Split Second Velocity. With this kindly being hosted by Mark aka surtees2008. The winner of this being James aka SarGara. The next tournament being UT3. This being the fourth tournament. Organised and hosted very well by Russell aka backbydemand. The winner being Beau aka bloodreaper.

Day 3 Sunday :-
Breakfast being had by most people from the local Thorntons cafe. The final tournament taking place. This being the fifth tournament and it being Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. The winner of this being Chris aka BlackLiger. This tournament kindly being hosted by James aka SarGara. For the remaining prizes these being given by seat numbers and a random seat number generator till all the remaining prizes were gone. This giving everyone a fair chance to win. People soon after starting to pack up and head home. The venue being empty and locked up by 6:10pm.

Qwertee kindly supported the event with 4x T-Shirts. Spire kindly supported the event with 3x case fans and 5x T-Shirts. SteelSeries kindly supported the event with 1x Gaming Mouse and 2x Gaming Mouse Pads. CPU Wars kindly supported the event with 4x Card Decks. Rosewill kindly supported the event with 1x case fan, 1x Web Camera and 1x Wireless Card. I would like to thank all the sponsors so very much indeed. I truely can't thank them enough.Please find below some photos of the going's on at the event. I would like to thank everyone that attended.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28590600@N ... 772072708/

Post subject: Re: Apache Lan 10 Write-Up
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:04 am 

Some decent quality pictures makes a nice change (apart from the group shot) :lol:

Post subject: Re: Apache Lan 10 Write-Up
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:20 pm 

Yes sorry about the group photo my camera was having dicky fits during the weekend end like before taking the photo it was all clear then after the shot it was coming out blarred

Twitter = https://twitter.com/cgzsqueek

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]